Sunday 3 June 2012


Today was a very crazy and cultural day! After lunch I went with Bekah (SOS intern and our tutor) to a Bible study in a village nearby. Because it was so far we had to take a boda boda taxi (small version of a motorcycle).  The Bible study was very fun as we sat on the grass right outside of a crumbling Ugandan school and studied with a woman who was very eager to learn the truth. After finishing the Bible study, Bekah and I took another boda boda to a women’s conference that my mom was speaking at. The little church, where the conference was being held was a small building, which looked more like a big shack than a church.  It was made with wood and straw, with a tarp as the roof.  My mom taught about the gospel and how to be a godly mother. It was a very interesting sight watching the women’s eyes as they were given the truths of God for the first time.  After my mom was finished Emma and I also spoke for a few minutes.  It was quite an experience!  When we finally came home Emma and I went with our parents to a neighboring family’s home for dinner.  They said that they invited us to thank us for helping them in their time of need. When we entered the first thing we saw was a small table with a lantern on it and a small couch right next to it.  The family had my parents sit on the couch while the rest of us sat on a mat on the floor. Since there was no electricity, I played with their kids (who were all under 7 years old) in the dark—mostly making animal shadows on the wall.  We ate local food, which I enjoy: potatoes, rice, spaghetti noodles, chicken, and cabbage.  We ended up going home at around 8:30.  It was a very long but very fruitful day!













5 comments:

  1. Elisa,
    I just began reading your blog today after receiving your Mom's email. I'm so impressed with it and feel like I understand your life a whole lot better. I'm so thankful for all that the Lord has done and is doing in your life. You are an amazing young lady.
    Much love,
    Liz Payne (Lakeside Bible Church)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mrs. Payne,
      Thank you for the encouragement. It was such a treat to have you comment on my blog.
      Thank you,

      Elisa

      Delete
  2. Elisa! You amaze me:) I enjoy reading your blog; you have a wonderful, natural style of writing. The photography is beautiful also. But that doesn't compare to what you actually blog about!

    Keep up the Kingdom work. People's lives are being changed because of God! And He is using you!!! Amazing. Give Him the glory, like you always do.

    Love,
    Me ;)

    PS
    Has anyone ever told you that you look A TON like your mom?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Elisa! I'm one of the many ladies who are blessed to receive your mom's emails and keep you all in my prayers. Thank you for starting this blog. It is a joy to hear your words from the mission field. Press on for the glory of His name! We will keep supporting you on this side :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you guys so much for your support. We're so thankful.
      God bless,
      Elisa

      Delete